Love List: Cinco de Mayo
Kia ora, hola, and happy Cinco de Mayo! I’m finding the interwebs unbearable today with fake assassination images and impassioned reactions, so I thought I’d toss in a list of inspiring, beautiful and delicious things that I’m loving in the hopes they may nourish your senses instead.
- These Smythson elephant motif correspondence cards, gifted me by Aunt Lainie.
- Democracy Now Earth Day special featuring fantastic interview with Vandana Shiva and Maude Barlow on the rights of Mother Earth, and a powerful speech by Van Jones at the PowerShift 2011 conference
- Chile rellenos, homemade habanero salsa, y margaritas (y huevos rancheros, y tacos pescado…) at La Boca Loca in Miramar, Wellington, New Zealand
- Radio Shangri-La: What I Learned in Bhutan, the Happiest Kingdom on Earth, by Lisa Napoli
- Becoming Transhuman (Part 3: Resolving), a dance through the Bardo with shamans, guided by Mark Pesce in his 2001 magnum opus recently uploaded to YouTube
- L’Abandon, the new album from Tucson, Arizona chanteuse, Marianne Dissard. This is music to get dressed by when you’re dressing to kill.
- So Beautiful or So What, the so beautiful new album by Paul Simon.
- Queen of the Sun: What are the Bees Telling Us? is a must-see. Here are my notes at Garden.Geek.NZ